Tonkatsu is one of the most favorite Japanese dishes for me. But people usually is not willing to make fried something because, in our image, it is consuming time for preparation and cleaning-up after eating. But actually it’s not. If you adopt my only 2 advices, you can quickly finish the cooking and eat so crispy Japanese pork cutlet and spend no time to clean up. Don’t miss it!
1: Cover everything with Saran wrap
On the process of making fries, you may use several kind of powders so if you cover up kitchen tables and bowls etc. with Saran wrap in advance, you never make anything dirty.
2: Command your left and right hand separated action
If you use both of your hands to coat flour or egg to pork, you can’t any other thing at that time. So I recommend you that basically you should handle pork with only one hand. This is very simple solution to finish cooking quick and clean.
Considering above advices, let’s cook together and Enjoy super crispy Tonkatsu !
Easy Cook Tonkatsu(Japanese Pork Cutlet)
- 2 slices Pork loin Roughly 150 g/slice
- a pinch of Salt & Pepper
- 1 Egg
- a proper amount of Cake flour
- a proper amount of Breadcrumbs
- a proper amount of Vegetable oil
- Make cuts in the sinews of the pork, and pat with a meat mallet to shape and tenderize the meat. Season with salt and pepper.
- Coat the pork with flour. Shake off any excess cake flour and coat evenly with the egg.
- Coat with bread crumbs. Remove the excess bread crumbs.
- Do the same process from 2 and 3 again (Coat the pork with flour over the bread crumbs…. ). Leave to marinate for about 5 minutes.
- Pour them into about 170 ℃ oil. (You can easily check the temperature with using chop sticks. If you see the bubbles from the tip of chopstick when you soak it into oil, that should be about 170℃ around.)
- Remove when they are getting lightly browned. After taking it out, put them upright and drain the oil.
- Deeply fry them. Raise the temperature of the oil to higher (180℃) and cook the meat.
- Remove when golden brown (may be just 10 seconds are enough for 2nd frying.)